Few things brighten your day like the smiles of those closest to you. In order for your family to maintain healthy smiles, they need regular dental care. At The Silverstrom Group, we offer the latest advances in family dentistry. Your Livingston dentists, Dr. David Silverstrom and Dr. Gary Silverstrom, strive to provide our patients and their families with a lifetime of healthy teeth and gums. In today’s blog, your Livingston family dentists offer a fun and informative quiz to illustrate our approach to providing quality dental care for the entire family.
Family Dentistry Quiz
1. True or False: You should receive a checkup twice a year.
2. True or False: Dental cleanings help prevent gum disease.
3. True or False: The Silverstrom Group offers children’s dental care.
4. True or False: Dental sealants help prevent cavities.
Family Dentistry Answer Key
1. True. According to the American Dental association, adults and children over the age of three should undergo a routine checkup once every six months. Checkups allow your Livingston dentists to watch for signs of serious dental issues and recommend the appropriate treatment.
2. True. Receiving a cleaning with your routine checkup enables our hygienists to remove the layers of plaque buildup from your teeth. Plaque irritates the gums, causing the inflammation that often leads to gum disease. Removing plaque keeps your breath fresh and helps your mouth remain free of disease.
3. True. We help educate your child on the proper methods of maintaining healthy smiles and address common childhood dental issues, such as misalignment or tooth decay.
4. True. Sealants are a plastic coating added to the molars in the back of a child’s mouth. These teeth are hard for children to reach when brushing. Sealants help prevent tooth decay by keeping food from adhering to the teeth or becoming stuck between them.
Schedule an Appointment with Your Livingston Family Dentists
Are you or a member of your family ready for a checkup and cleaning? Then contact your Livingston family dentists today for more information about our state-of-the-art dental techniques. Drs. David and Gary Silverstrom offer the latest in general, restorative, and cosmetic dentistry to transform smiles. Contact The Silverstrom Group in Livingston, New Jersey by calling (973) 797-9345. The Silverstrom Group is located at 580 South Livingston Avenue, Livingston, New Jersey.