Root canal therapy can protect and preserve your teeth. Years of exaggeration and rumor have given this common and comfortable procedure a terrible reputation. As a result, many people avoid the dentist out of fear of undergoing a root canal. In today’s blog, your Livingston dentists, Dr. David Silverstrom and Dr. Gary Silverstrom, explain how root canal therapy can improve the health and appearance of your smile with a fun quiz.
Root Canal Quiz
1. True or False: Without treatment, an infected tooth may require removal.
2. True or False: There are multiple symptoms of dental infections and abscesses.
3. True or False: Root canal therapy allows yourLivingston NJ general dentists to remove infected tissue.
4. True or False: Your tooth will be restored with a dental crown.
1. True. A tooth becomes infected once bacteria reach the sensitive inner pulp. This leads to a dental abscess and an array of painful symptoms. The infection may eventually kill the tooth, requiring its extraction. From there, the infection can spread to surrounding teeth, threatening the stability of your smile.
2. True. Common signs of a developing infection include: tooth sensitivity to hot or cold temperatures, toothaches, bad breath, and pain when biting down or chewing.
3. True. During the procedure, Dr. David or Gary Silverstrom will open the tooth and remove the infected tissue from the root canals. The tooth will then be cleaned and disinfected.
4. True. Finally, your Livingston dentists will place a custom-made crown over the visible portion of your tooth. The crown will preserve the remaining tooth structure and blend seamlessly with your smile.
Schedule an Appointment with Your Livingston NJ General Dentists
Do you have any further questions or concerns regarding root canal therapy? Then talk to you Livingston NJ general dentists today. At The Silverstrom Group, we offer the latest in general, restorative, and cosmetic dentistry to transform the health and beauty of our patients’ smiles. Contact The Silverstrom Group in Livingston, New Jersey by calling (973) 797-9345. The Silverstrom Group is located at 580 South Livingston Avenue, Livingston, New Jersey.