Do you have a gummy smile? Many people suffer from excessive gingival display, which can make their teeth appear smile or leave them feeling self-conscious about their smile. A gummy smile may also be a warning sign of a more serious dental issue. Fortunately, your Livingston dentists, Dr. David Silverstrom and Dr. Gary Silverstrom, provide a cosmetic solution with gum lifts. In today’s blog, your Livingston cosmetic dentists offer a fun and informative quiz on the benefits of cosmetic gum lift procedures.
Cosmetic Gum Lift Quiz
1. True or False: Dr. David or Gary Silverstrom can address excessive gums with a gum lift.
2. True or False: Your Livingston dentists use laser dentistry to correct gummy smiles.
3. True or False: Multiple factors lead to gummy smiles.
4. True or False: Medication may cause gum overgrowth.
5. True or False: Gum disease may cause the appearance of a gummy smile.
Cosmetic Gum Lift Answer Key
1. True: A gum lift allows Dr. David or Gary Silverstrom to safely remove excess gum tissue.
2. True: Employing the latest in dental laser technology, your Livingston dentists can address gummy smiles with precision and accuracy. Dental lasers often require little to no anesthesia. Following a procedure using dental lasers, patients report a reduction in swelling and bleeding and experience a decreased risk of infection.
3. True: A variety of factors can cause a patient to display too much gum when they smile. In some cases, abnormal tooth eruption, jaw alignment, and overactive upper lip muscles can lead to a gummy smile.
4. True: Some medications, such as calcium channel blockers, can cause hyperplasia, or gum overgrowth.
5. True: Often the culprit is actually inflammation, or gingivitis. If left untreated, your inflamed gums may eventually lead to the onset of gum disease.
Schedule an Appointment with Your Livingston Cosmetic Dentists
Do you suffer from excessive gingival display? Interested in our cosmetic gum lifts to correct your gummy smile? Then talk to your Livingston cosmetic dentists today! We offer an array of services to stop the painful symptoms of bruxism. Contact the Silverstrom Group in Livingston, New Jersey today. The Silverstrom Group is located at 580 South Livingston Avenue, Livingston, New Jersey.