Few things can make a person feel as anxious as the term “root canal.” We have been lead to believe that root canals are arduous, uncomfortable procedures that should be avoided at all cost. In fact, a root canal allows your Livingston dentists, Dr. David Silverstrom and Dr. Gary Silverstrom, to address dental infections, protecting and preserving your smile. In order to explain the benefits of root canals, your Livingston general dentists offer a fun and informative quiz to illustrate the benefits of this common endodontic procedure.
Root Canal Quiz
1. True or False: A root canal helps treat an infected tooth.
2. True or False: If left untreated, an abscessed tooth may require removal.
3. True or False: Following a root canal, your tooth can be completely restored.
Root Canal Quiz Answer Key
1. True. Whether by decay or injury, bacteria sometimes reaches the pulp at the center of the tooth. The pulp is a bundle of living tissue that controls the flow of blood and nutrients to and from the tooth. Once infected, a painful abscess may form. During a root canal, Dr. David or Gary Silverstrom will remove the infected tissue from the tooth, eliminating the infection.
2. True. Over time, the infection may kill the tooth. Once this occurs, the tooth will not only need to be extracted, but the infection may spread to surrounding teeth. This is why early treatment for infected teeth is crucial. If you experience frequent toothaches or pain when chewing or biting down, contact your Livingston dentists right away.
3. True. Once the infected tissue is removed, your tooth will be capped with a custom-made and natural looking dental crown. A crown returns your tooth to full function and appearance.
Schedule an Appointment with Your Livingston General Dentists
How well did you do? Do you have any questions or concerns regarding our root canal procedures? Then contact yourLivingston general dentists today. With our endodontic procedures, Drs. David and Gary Silverstrom can improve the health of your smile. In addition, we offer the latest in general, restorative, and cosmetic dentistry to transform smiles. Contact The Silverstrom Group in Livingston, New Jersey by calling (973) 797-9345. The Silverstrom Group is located at 580 South Livingston Avenue, Livingston, New Jersey.